SMBC Business Analyst / Project Manager – Middle / Back Office Derivatives in New York, New York
Business Analyst / Project Manager – Middle / Back Office Derivatives
Business Analysis and Project Management for Middle to Back office Derivatives Businesses with focus on Operations & Trade Reporting
· Business Analysis and Project Management of strategic projects
· Work with key stakeholders and Senior Management to understand and document business needs. Determine project scope and obtain sponsor approvals
· Create and manage project plans. Track and escalate risks and issues.
· Document Current State vs. Target State operating models
· Create business requirements documents (BRD's) and Technical Specifications
· Liaison with in-house development team to design & build solutions
· Work with users to document UAT test plans. Manage UAT and assist in testing. Track defects & resolutions.
· Work with IT and Business to document Production Implementation & validation plans
· Assist with production implementation & coordinate user validation
· Archiving of all project documentation into companywide repository.
· Participate in production support and BAU enhancements of in-house developed business applications
· 7+ years of experience in bank capital markets as a business analyst with experience relating to Middle Office and Back office system implementations.
· Familiarity with job functions and processes in derivatives trading including Settlements, Accounting, Credit, Risk and Trade Reporting.
· Basic understanding of components of regulation: Capital Standards, Confirmations, Clearing, Portfolio Reconciliation, industry-standard Margining and Collateralization practices and Trade Repository Reporting
· Demonstrated experience managing, end to end, design, definition and delivery of technical solutions in-line with strategic goals.
· Fluent in converting user requirements into usable technical specifications for Development.
· Strong communication/presentation skills (written and oral) in cross-cultural business environment.
· Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
Willing to work additional hours to meet extraordinary deadlines according to standard industry practice when required
· Ability to manage company wide - strategic projects
· Strong verbal and written communication skills. Ability to communicate effectively and confidently with users, team members and management.
· Strong analytical, strategic thinking and problem solving skills, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements.
· Hands-on experience with testing environments.
· Strong work ethic with focus on meeting deadlines and objectives.
· Strong skills working with MS Excel, MS Project, MS Word, MS Power Point, MS SQL & SharePoint
· Advanced MS Excel & MS Access experience a plus.
· Bachelor's degree. Computer Science or Information Systems preferred.
Skills and Special Requirements (heavy lifting, excessive overtime, etc.)
Availability to make time commitment to meet Project Life Cycle time lines
Job Locations US - NY - New York
Career Category Operations
Position ID 2017-0099
Corporate Title ..
Posting Date 3/7/2017