SMBC Enterprise Systems Linux Architect in New York, New York
Enterprise Systems Linux Architect
The Enterprise Systems Linux Architect assists the Enterprise Systems Architect in the following areas
Evaluate new technologies for the Bank to meet the current and growing needs of the Bank.
Do "Proof of Concept" implementations to test new technologies or products that look promising and meet the standards, technical vision and the needs of the Bank.
Do project planning to help implement new products and to do major upgrades of existing products before handing them over to Operations.
Documentation of existing architecture and keeping it up to date as changes are made.
Sample tecnologies include
Red Hat Enterprise Linux
Red Hat Satellite
Red Hat Cloudforms
Openshift / Containers
Pivotal Cloud Foundry
The Enterprise Systems Linux Architect will be responsible for but not limited to:
· Helping the Enterprise Systems Architect in doing Proof of Concepts of new technologies or new versions of existing technologies related to Linux, Open Source, Cloud, Automation, Orchestration, Middleware.
· Documenting the work and helping with the Operationalization of new technologies.
. Help with the documentation and maintenance of standards documents for the responsible technologies
. Help with automation of tasks so that the Operations teams can do things in a repeatable and automated manner.
. Maintain a close working relationship with key IT groups such as Architecture, Security, UNIX, Networking, Storage, DSG.
. Provide technical leadership and assist the growth of trainees in the Bank.
. Assist the UNIX team as required for any reported issues.
. Troubleshoot production issues and provide timely support if asked.
. Complete projects or assigned tasks in accordance with defined project management methodology.
. Do project planning to help implement new products and to do major upgrades of existing products before handing them over to Operations.
. Documentation of existing architecture and keeping it up to date as changes are made.
. Provide regular status updates to management.
. Participate, where necessary in requirements gathering/elicitation, design and/or testing phases
· Must have deep knowledge of Linux operating system technologies. Preferable a RHCE.
. Must have experience with new Open Source Technologies like Openshift, Openstack, Cloud Foundry.
. Must have experience in automation technologies and orchestration technologies.
· Must have good working experience in securing Linux Operating Systems
· Must have knowledge about new and emerging technologies.
· Good communication skills
· Ability to understand and clearly communicate technical information to IT and user community
· Ability to learn new technologies and test them
· Demonstrated experience in applying knowledge and skills in an engineering environment
· Strong analytical aptitude and problem solving skills in a technical environment
· Multi-task across several ongoing tasks of varying priorities as required
· Must be able to document information regarding troubleshooting techniques and solutions
· Maintain a high level of teamwork and communication
· Flexibility in schedule, ability and willingness to work overtime when needed
Skills and Special Requirements (heavy lifting, excessive overtime, etc.)
Possible out-of-hours work to address complex issues or emergencies or work that can only be done outside of Business hours.
Job Locations US - NY - New York
Career Category Information Technology
Position ID 2015-0425
Corporate Title ..
Posting Date 1/9/2017